Genesys Source Framework 2018.11 has been released, which adds expression-based Validation and Rules. Simultaneously supports .NET Core & .NET 4. Available for download or in Visual Studio Extensions and Updates
Genesys Framework 4 is now available for download (genesyssource.com) or in Visual Studio (Tools->Extensions-and-Updates.) Open-source, cross-platform, full-stack business and domain object reusability made easy!
What’s new in this release?
* Breaking changes?
- Database: No
- Interfaces: Yes – IContext, IViewModel
- Infrastructure: No
- JsonSerializer<> now attempts several (4) DateTimeFormats during deserialization
- JsonSerializer<>.SerializeReadOnly property is exposed publicly
- ActrivityContext.PrincipalIPAddress now auto-fills based on current environment DNS
- ThrowException depreciated, in favor of natural exception behavior
- ObjectInitialize<> method now only initializes null properties
- ViewModel<> supports Create, Update, Delete, GetById, GetByKey, GetAll
- IContext no longer contains setters, allowing for immutability
- ActivityContext.SqlStatement has been removed.
- ICreateOperationAsync, IReadOperationAsync, IUpdateOperationAsync and IDeleteOperationAsync added
- EntityInfo<> Rules() and FailedRules() now methods and no longer serialized
- EntityWriter<> and StoredProcedureWriter<> validity now driven from FailedRules()
- EntityWriter<> and StoredProcedureWriter<> will no longer throw exceptions for validity
* Framework for Core, MVC, Web API, UWP, WPF
- Framework.WebServices.Core controller methods now return IActionResult with JSON content
- Framework.WebServices.Core now uses attribute routing per action method
- CrudViewModel<> depreciated, replaced by ViewModel<>
* Release Notes: https://cloud.genesyssource.com/news
If you have any problems with your new cross-platform full-stack business object reusability framework, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Robert and the Dev Team
Other sites of interest...
* Genesys Source Framework: http://cloud.genesyssource.com/genesys-framework
* Genesys Cloud Web Environment: http://cloud.genesyssource.com/genesys-environments
* What is the Framework? http://docs.genesyssource.com/products/Genesys-Framework/What-is-the-genesys-source-framework.pdf
* Docs and API Reference: http://docs.genesyssource.com
* Genesys Source on GitHub: http://www.github.com/GenesysSource
* Genesys Source in Visual Studio: http://bit.ly/2mHpFkf